Saturday, March 27, 2010

Days 12 and 13 of the Sketch Project

Blake and I really enjoy a certain restaurant in town called Ellie's Mutt Hutt, and I just so happened to get a gift card for my birthday :). It is the perfect Saturday morning joint. Especially because of the honey latte. One word: glorious. Just a hint of sweetness is perfection. And it comes in these tall, glass tumblers that add to the glory:
After some Mutt Hutt action, we decided to check out the Redwood Regional Logging Conference. It was surprisingly really cool. They had all kinds of cool logging machinery like saws and heavy equipment to move massive logs. If you don't know, Redwoods grow big enough around you can drive a vehicle through it. I've done it. They even had a Redwood artist who carved animals into tree trunks. And finally, they had a few trains there that ran on Redwood instead of coal. It smelled REAL good. And then, we saw this.... An honest to goodness Steam Roller! I had to sketch it:

4 comments:

Ashley Hankins said...

like the machine. and the conference sounds like a Stice thing for sure. :)

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I've never seen a redwood. My mom lives in California too! The steamroller sketch is my fave so far.

Jeremy Benson said...

One of my favorite places is the Redwood forest. There's a book I want to read about scientists who live on the top of Redwoods.

I don't really like the thought of burning them, though. But whatcha gonna do?

Anonymous said...

I have driven through a redwood with my beautiful wife. It was your fault actually, because we were in CA for you and Blake's wedding.