Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 8 of the Sketch Project

I've been sketching for a week! And I'm so glad I decided to do this. I am often confounded by the concept of practicing an art vs. being inspired to create art. One isn't always inspired, so it is necessary to practice even when you don't feel like it (knowing this and doing this are very different) This project is cementing this idea in my head more and more.

So, today was one of those days... I didn't get home to sketch until after 8:30 and I didn't feel like it. Especially being limited after the sun goes down, I had to find something in the house. I decided on my Hawaiian Volcano Plant that Blake got me for Valentine's day. I love it. It lives on a rock, and I have to keep the rock watered. It is very hardy. And hearty.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice use of red.

Jeremy Benson said...

harty/hearty! hoho always love a good pun

Unknown said...

how elaborate and beautiful!

Elias Da Silva said...

great use of color. to be sure. Keep sketching!

Ashley Hankins said...

What a cool plant! And I like the hint of color.

By the way..I really like the name of your blog.

Leah Peach said...

how talented you are!