Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 9 of the Sketch Project

During this season of transition for Blake and I, I have been substitute teaching. I thank God that He has provided me with something to put my hand to. While subbing at a high school today (English), I was in search of something interesting to sketch during my prep period. The teacher I was in for had this incredible skull in the corner of his room. It was textured and sort of spray painted. The eye sockets had green illumination to them - it was overall creepy... and fully awesome:

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Something to put our hands too...Sketching. Nice.

Haley Rae French said...

nicely done, Beth! you really are gifted! hey! while i'm thinking about it... Nathan will be visiting me for a week and a half or so this summer in July and since I am just down the coast from you, he and i wanted to know if you and blake want to meet up?! we'd love to see you!

Beth Stice said...

We would LOVE that! I'm not sure where we will be then, but lets at least plan on it :). So glad you get some time with your man - I bet you can't wait!

Elias Da Silva said...

You're doing really well with these sketches!

Anonymous said...

Hey friend! Welcome back, love the sketches.

My favorite might be the bike, but don't tell yourself that since it was so hard! :)

I am back to dial-up until next Friday (April 2nd), so if you don't mind posting a link for me on the blogrimage group until then, that would be great!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

oooh... creepy! ;)

Joe said...

Well done Beth! I bet a high school is full of fun stuff to sketch!

Anonymous said...

Skull!