Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 1 of the Sketch Project

Happy Monday morning all :). 30 day blogrimage is in session!! For those who don't know, I am starting out on a 30 day blogrimage. In short, I will be doing something for 30 days and writing about it. I chose sketching, because it's relaxing and fun and I'd like to get better at it.

Blake and I have moved around a lot in the last few years. It wouldn't surprise me if most people have no clue whether we are currently in-country or not :). We are. We lived in Tennessee for a while after Egypt, and we moved back to California this past Thanksgiving and are living with Blake's parents temporarily in Ukiah, Ca. They are such a blessing, and God has taken good care of us.

The area is breathtaking when it's not raining. Blake's mom and sister have trained a herd of deer to come up to the house when they whistle. Now, 5 to 8 deer come up every morning and evening and snack on stuff we throw out. It's really cool.

There were two deer by the kitchen window this morning.... perfect for sketching :). They were interesting to watch - kissing and licking each others faces. As you can see, these deer eat good! I only got one before they sauntered away:

3 comments:

sarah said...

What a beautiful sketch! Whenever I think of deer I think of Bambi...then I think of Disney movies. I am a child of the 21st century.

Unknown said...

This is awesome! My girlfriend has been doing something like this (water painting), and I think she will like your stuff. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I like it. Sketching really is relaxing. Setting aside the busyness of the day to just sit and play with a pencil and paper and see what comes of it. The last time I sketched? A few months ago. I drew a scene including my daughter's recently deceased fish. A keepsake for my baby. Nice to be blogrimaging with you!