Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Days 23 and 24 of the Sketch Project

I finally had a chance to sketch some live turkeys. It was just about dusk, twilight was setting in, and Blake came inside and asked Sara and I to come see something cool. A couple of toms (male turkeys) were getting ready to sleep for the night in a tree. I love when it is quiet enough to hear the frogs and the night noises and feel like summer is coming. My insides get happy!
Here is a picture of my cousin Sara's favorite phrase: (She has a flower on her ring-finger nail)

6 comments:

Haley Rae French said...

ooo! these are 2 of my favorites so far, Beth. Beautiful :) Hey, I thought of you today because a guy I work with has a brother that lives up in Ukiah and Gary, the guy I work with, mentioned some cemetery there that is known for the deer that chill there all the time. He showed me a pic. So bizarre! Haha.

Anonymous said...

I love the sharp contrasts in the sketch of the turkeys - and the turkeys themselves are just amusing.

as for sarah's favorite phrase: it is precious. I remember when my babies were around 3 and they went around signing "i love you"...

Unknown said...

wow, these sketches are beautiful. the turkey's is my new favorite one!

Anonymous said...

Turkey picture is the best yet! Strong showing Beth.

Jeremy Benson said...

The turkey sketch is so cool. You do abstract drawings really well.

We get turkeys up/out/over here all the time too. In the winter they travel in packs of 40-50 turkeys. The scariest thing though is seeing this giant black thing tumbling into the trees at dusk.

Ashley Hankins said...

The turkeys are up there in my favorites. I love trees. I didn't know turkeys slept in trees overnight!