Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 28

I get to start a new job tomorrow :). I am taking over for a teacher at an alternative high school. I'm pretty excited about it, but I am totally aware of how much I need to lean on His grace. I have 6 different courses I will be teaching, and no prep. So... I haven't been posting these last few days because I have been prepping. Anyhow. I have also felt the desire to take up running again, which is such a huge stress-reliever for me. Our neighborhood is mostly hills, which have always seemed insurmountable to me with running and I have avoided whenever possible. This season however, they seem to beckon to me. I keep saying in my mind, "I'm not afraid of hills." And I've gotten better at running them. I feel like it's so parallel to my life as a whole. I've often been afraid of hardship... difficulty. But as I've passed through different seasons, I've experienced that nothing can separate me from His hand. And I don't fear them anymore. Each day is a gift. Each season handcrafted from Him who is All-good. All of that makes me happy :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful and serene. congratulations on the job!

Ashley Hankins said...

Wow..with all the turkeys and beautiful hills...sounds like you guys live in a pretty cool place. :) Good luck with the job...I'm sure you've got what it takes to work with those kids...not everybody does. A great exercise in patience for sure.

Good post..I enjoyed it. Hardship definitely brings us closer to Him..if you allow it of course.